The spring update for the SC5000/M and Engine Prime introduces long-awaited features like Rekordbox import for Engine Prime and Soundswitch support for the SC5000/M. In this article, we discuss some questions about how to update and what to expect.
- Where can I download the latest update?
- How do I install the SC5000/M firmware update?
- Do I need to create any backups before updating?
- Do I need to update both the software and firmware?
- Do I need to update my X1800 Prime?
- What new features have been added to the SC5000 with the v1.3.1 update?
- What new features have been added to the Engine Prime v1.3.1 update?
- Further Technical Support
Any SC5000/Engine Prime user can find the firmware and software updates right on the respective product pages (under the Downloads section), as well as under their product registration in their Denon DJ account.
Follow our brief video walkthrough below or check the release notes here for installation instructions and a full list of new features and bug fixes.
As a precaution, we recommend backing up your Engine database regularly, but this is especially important before installing any update involving changes to the database.
For a quick backup walkthrough, please follow the video below:
Yes. The SC5000 and Engine Prime software will share features involving the database and file handling. Both the firmware and software will need to be updated to ensure that your data is properly handled by both.
Engine Prime will need to update your database to be compatible with v1.3.1 on both hardware and software. Because this may take some time, we recommend updating the software to v1.3.1 first and performing this database update on your computer. Simply connect your drive to the computer with Engine Prime v1.3.1 open and the database will begin updating automatically.
The X1800 Prime also received a firmware update to improve the OLED displays, add microphone utility settings, and fix some minor bugs. While this doesn't affect the rest of your Prime eco-system, we still recommend performing this update to access the new features.
The SC5000 v1.3.1 firmware update introduces a comprehensive list of feature and performance updates including Soundswitch support, improved high-end frequency response, increased speed slider resolution and onboard key change functionality.
For a full list of changes, see the release notes below:
- Rekordbox software collections can now be imported into Engine Prime.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Improved the import and update time for Serato, Traktor and iTunes libraries.
- Fixed an issue where some tracks were not imported from external collections.
- Fixed an issue where some tracks were not packed to external drives if duplicate files exist across multiple locations.
- Fixed tracks not auto-analyzing when imported as Crate/Playlist from iTunes
- Fixed an issue where in certain circumstances, Engine Prime’s Serato collection would show less tracks than Serato’s collection.
- Fixed an issue where a drive could not be ejected during track analysis.
- Misc improvements.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon DJ product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon DJ technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.