The Denon DJ MC4000 controller has a great metal chassis, two microphone inputs for Mobile DJ's, and a compact footprint to easily transport and store when taking it on the go. This article walks through a number of Frequently Asked Questions about the Denon DJ MC4000.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find the user guide for the MC4000?
- Is the MC4000 class compliant? Do I need to install a driver?
- What DJ software is included with the MC4000?
- Is Serato DVS supported with the MC4000?
- Pad Mode is not working for me, why?
- How do I change the FX on the MC4000?
- What DJ software will the MC4000 work with?
- Is the crossfader user replaceable?Is the crossfader user replaceable?
- What type of built-in sound card does the MC4000 have?
- What flight/travel case can I use to transport my MC4000?
- Are the drum pads velocity sensitive?
- Does this unit have a Vegas mode?
- I am unable to hear myself on my headphones while I am talking on the microphone, why is that?
- Can I use the MIC 1, MIC 2, and AUX inputs if the MC4000 is not connected to a computer?
- What are the dimensions and weight?
- Technical Support
The User Guide is located using this link.
The MC400 is a class-compliant device on a Mac. Drivers are available for Windows PCs for the most optimal performance and can be downloaded directly from this link.
The MC4000 ships with a voucher that allows for a purchase of Serato DJ at 50% off. To obtain Serato DJ and use your voucher, please visit: http://serato.com/dj/downloads
The MC4000 has 2 channels. For DVS functionality, additional channels are required, so DVS is not a supported function.
Most likely you are using Serato DJ Intro. Pad Mode will only work in the full version of Serato DJ.
Hold down Shift and press FX On/Off to change FX (FX will change one at a time). You can hold down Shift and turn the FX Knob to quickly move through all FXs for that specific selector.
- Serato DJ 1.7.8 and later (15 day trial until your purchase the software with 50% discount voucher card)
- Serato DJ Intro 1.2.6 and later
- Virtual DJ 8
- Traktor Pro 2.9. Mapping available on this link.
The crossfader is not user replaceable. If the crossfader requires service, we recommend contacting Denon DJ Technical Support for assistance.
MC4000 has a built-in professional grade 24bit USB 2.0 audio interface. This unit has been tested on USB 3.0 with no issues.
Yes! Odyssey Gear make flight/travel cases for the MC4000. You can find more information on available case at this link.
The pads are On/Off only and are not velocity sensitive.
Yes! Vegas Mode starts when you power the unit on and it is not connected via USB.
The MIC 1 and MIC 2 inputs as well as the AUX input are THRU directly to the MASTER OUT and will not play out of your headphones.
Yes! The MIC 1, MIC 2, and AUX inputs are THRU to the MASTER OUT. This means that you can use all three inputs without the unit being connected to a computer/laptop.
Dimensions: (width x depth x height)
• 12.3" x 19.9" x 2.7" (inches)
• about 9 lbs
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon DJ product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon DJ technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.